Sunday, June 24, 2018

Day 07 - Baker City to Ontario

About 85 miles and 2,100 feet of elevation gain.

A LOT less climbing today, but 85 miles is still a pretty long day.



Going into the Mountain Time Zone.



A couple of clips from the high desert:




A clip of a descent:



Riding on Interstate I-84.  We were supposed to stay right of the rumble strips and stay out of the travel lanes at all costs.  They also gave us very specific directions negotiating on and off ramps.  Apparently, riding a bicycle on the Interstate is legal in Oregon as long as there is no other way to get where you are going.




Clip of the Snake River:


As I was riding down the road I smelled lavender; looking up, I saw there were lavender fields:






2 comments:

  1. I love all the video clips. Just wish they were a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Blogger system limits the size of the clips.

      Delete