Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Day 10 - Boise to Mountain Home

About 53 miles and 1,500 feet elevation gain.

But before we get to today's ride, let's look how far I have come.  I think this looks pretty impressive.  It took me eight days to cross the state of Oregon by bicycle.


Not as impressive, lot's more to go.  You can barely see the highlights in the upper left hand corner of the US map.



By the numbers as of 6/26/2018:

Total trip miles:  3,690
Days of trip: 50
Miles completed so far:  627
Percent miles completed:  17%
Percent days gone:  18%

Today's ride was pretty awesome in regards to my performance.  Highest average for the whole trip so far.  I was into the hotel about 1 PM (the sun was still up, lol), and we started about an hour to two hours later than we have been starting.

Idaho, well so far there is not much to see or to talk about.  Lot's of desert, dry but not to hot today, maybe a lot has to do with the fact I was completed before the height of the heat in the afternoon.

Tomorrow is double compared to today; close to double the miles and double the elevation gain.  Luck to me, hehe.




No comments:

Post a Comment