Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Day 16 - Jackson to Dubois

Dubois is famous for the Jackalope:



This ride was originally scheduled for over 80 miles; however, beginning last year with the new President, bike tours were no longer allowed to ride through Teton National Park.  As a result, the ride leaders transported us through the park and we were able to ride 53 miles with 3,300 feet of elevation gain.

I rode this ride up to and over the Continental Divide.  On the way down, the winds really picked up and the rain started.  While I was prepared for the rain, the wind was so strong that I felt like I was going to be blown over.  Further, the rain storm turned into a lighting storm.  When the lightning started, I had the van pick me up.  I did not feel safe  to ride in the lightning with the very strong winds, so I ended up with almost 44 miles with almost 3,200 feet of elevation gain.

Me being a weather weenie:


View from the start of the ride:


Climbing begins:






Downhill begins:




This must be a Wyoming thing, they make arches out of the antlers of dead elk.







No comments:

Post a Comment