Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Day 17 - Dubois to Riverton

Just under 80 miles with about 1,600 feet of elevation gain.  This was the fastest ride for me so far.  Satish pulled me for about 50 - 60 miles; anyone that knows me knows I am a draft hog.  Also, we had some tail winds, but some head winds also.  The key was we had a net of 2,000 feet of elevation loss, lot more downhills versus uphills, that is why it was by far the fastest ride for me so far during the tour.  In other words, FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

It was really cold this morning:


Pic from yesterday:


Dubois was a quaint, wild west town.  The sidewalks were wooden planks, just like in the olden days.  Dinner last night was not the best, but breakfast at the Cowboy Cafe was pretty good.




From the Wind River Indian Reservation:


Smallest town we went through so far:











No comments:

Post a Comment