Friday, July 20, 2018

Day 33 - La Crosse to Mauston

We did 75 miles with 2,260 feet of climbing, did I mention, it was a wet one today.

Some pics:

When in Rome:


When we go by a SAG truck and all is good, we are supposed to put our arm out.






We saw some cows up close today:


We took a trial to the tunnels discussed below:


We went through two tunnels today.  One of them was a mile and a half long.  We were required to walk through the tunnels.  It was dark, and it was dripping like rain.  We turned all our lights off and it was very eerie, complete darkness, you could not see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I lost my balance a bit.  If you watch Stranger Things, you will know when I say I felt like I was in the "up side down."





After the last SAG stop, it really got wet out there; this was the worst rain we experienced since the trip started.  We have been pretty lucky.  I probably would have quit with seven miles left to go, it was just not fun.  But Satish really wanted to finish.  A couple of clips in the rain.




4 comments:

  1. Looking good out there, tunnels aside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are referring to the cheese head pic, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with a nice piece of Wis Cheese!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a bunch of different cheese curds, but the Merkts cheese spread was awesome!

      Delete