Saturday, July 21, 2018

Day 34 - Mauston to Fond du Lac

Just under 95 miles, and just under 1,700 feet of elevation gain.  It rained, off and on, during the last 30 miles of our ride today.  I was called the Michelin Man, lol.  The wind fills up the rain suit pretty well. 


A couple from yesterday:


Herman from the Netherlands (Holland).


When you come to Wisconsin, you must stop for a Brat Fry.  So at mile 54, we stopped at the Princeton American Legion Lodge for the local Brat Fry.  I made a fatal error at the Lodge, I failed to also get a piece of fried chicken, ugh.  It looked awesome.  When I decided to get a piece of fried chicken, the line was just too long to wait as we needed to get going, we still had 40 miles to complete the ride.

We finished this pretty long ride pretty quickly for us, it was kind of nice.  I was much more comfortable in the rain today because I had on the full rain suit; yesterday I did not put on the pants, and as a result, and as crazy as it sounds, because I did not have my rain pants on, the water runs into the rain booties, and my shoes were soaked.

2 comments:

  1. Brat frys....a local tradition! Hope you can get in a Fri night Fish Fry!!!

    ReplyDelete