Friday, July 20, 2018

Day 32 - Rochester, MN to La Crosse, WI

New state today, Wisconsin, we were in Minnesota just a few days.

Today's ride was 87 miles, 2,700 feet of elevation gain.  I thought MN is supposed to be flat, SURPRISE.  Rain was threatening all day.  I started to sprinkle from time-to-time.  At the first SAG today, I decided to put on my rain suit.  However, as the day went on, I slowly shed it.  It only seemed to start raining in the evening, after we were back to the hotel from dinner.





A downhill, but not from the killer climb I discuss below:


We were on a bike path for over 10 miles.  It was really pretty nice.  After the path, we had lunch at Baristas Coffee House.  Then we had about an 8 mile ride to the big climb for the day.  It was only a mile, but the grade is what killed me.  The steepest grade was almost 13%.




Welcome to Wisconsin:


The Mississippi River:





2 comments:

  1. Hugh, welcome to my homestate, Wis!!!! In case you weren't already aware, the glaciers came through here and created those crazy hill climbs!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol 😁, I do not really enjoy climbing. That being said, the rollers here in Michigan are kind of nice.

    ReplyDelete